Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF and certain pop ups??

FF and certain pop ups??

iamu@me.com

Thanks. This is the message I get: When you see the Macromedia Authorware
Web Player movie playing below the labeled box, then your installation was
successful. Then below that is "download plug-in" screen. I click on that
and FF can't find a plug in for this.

Thanks

Doug G

> Thanks. This is the message I get: When you see the Macromedia Authorware
> Web Player movie playing below the labeled box, then your installation was
> successful. Then below that is "download plug-in" screen. I click on that
> and FF can't find a plug in for this.
>
> Thanks

In Windows Explorer look in Firefox's plugins folder for a file named
npswf32.dll, it controls Shockwave Flash. If the file is there and
Firefox still doesn't show Flash, an extension or something is
preventing it from working. Check your extensions.

If the file isn't anywhere on your hard drive (it can be copied from one
folder to another), go to the Macromedia site, download the Flash Player
and install it.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*: When you delete the quoted text in Mozilla and
Netscape newsgroups you force readers to open previous messages in order
to determine what the thread is about. Some people get ****ed off when
snipping occurs and won't reply even though they may have a solution to
the problem.

iamu@me.com

Thanks. I checked and that file you suggested is in fact there. I have no
idea where to go now. I guess I will have to live with it.

Cheers