Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Going back from Firefox to Mozilla - importing settings, how?

Going back from Firefox to Mozilla - importing settings, how?

Jim

Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
can see, for Firefox users.

I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
(having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.

TIA Jim

Hendrik Maryns

Jim uitte de volgende tekst op 5/07/2005 17:11:
> Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
> Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
> can see, for Firefox users.
>
> I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
> (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
> Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
> Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
> Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.

I can't help you with the first part, but there is a stand-alone version
of the composer, although it is no longer developed by the Mozilla
foundation, but by another firm, although they want to remerge it with
the Moz cvs. Look for Nvu.

H.

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

Doug G

Jim wrote:
> Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
> Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
> can see, for Firefox users.
>
> I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
> (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
> Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
> Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
> Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.
>
> TIA Jim

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (extensions and themes will be
disabled) and seeing whether the URL loads faster. Look for the Firefox
(Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu..

Jim

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:54:17 -0500, Doug G <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>> Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
>> Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
>> can see, for Firefox users.
>>
>> I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
>> (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
>> Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
>> Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
>> Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.
>>
>> TIA Jim

>Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (extensions and themes will be
>disabled) and seeing whether the URL loads faster. Look for the Firefox
>(Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu..

I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
ended before starting Firefox.

Jim

Colyn

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:52:15 -0500, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
>problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
>in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
>ended before starting Firefox.
>
>Jim

Since this issue is intermittent have you considered that your ISP may
be experiencing problems which would slow down loading?

--
Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng
http://www.colyngoodson.com

Jim

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:59:35 GMT, Colyn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:52:15 -0500, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
>>problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
>>in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
>>ended before starting Firefox.
>>
>>Jim
>>

>Since this issue is intermittent have you considered that your ISP may
>be experiencing problems which would slow down loading?

It's intermittent but it only occurs on the first URL loaded after
starting Firefox so it would have to be an amazing coincidence. I
have a 4meg cable connection. Occasionally a page might take 2 or 3
seconds that normally loads in 1 second but as I think I originally
noted, this takes much longer. I've waited it out recently and it's
been as much as 30-45 seconds.