Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Calendar files???

Calendar files???

Stubby

I reconstructed my system after a crash including Mozilla 1.7.8 and
extensions. My <profile>\Calendar directory has 5 CalendarDataFile.ics
files, CalendarManager.rdf and a Sound.wav file that I use.

Initially, nothing was displayed on my Calendar so I did a File>Open on
a few of these and tried to set the colors. A few appointments appeared
but with the wrong color. And my Tasks list is empty.

Clicking on the "Calendars" tab shows 12 items. These have familiar
names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...

How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?

Nobody

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:47:54 -0400, Stubby
<William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>I reconstructed my system after a crash including Mozilla 1.7.8 and
>extensions. My <profile>\Calendar directory has 5 CalendarDataFile.ics
>files, CalendarManager.rdf and a Sound.wav file that I use.
>
>Initially, nothing was displayed on my Calendar so I did a File>Open on
>a few of these and tried to set the colors. A few appointments appeared
>but with the wrong color. And my Tasks list is empty.
>
>Clicking on the "Calendars" tab shows 12 items. These have familiar
>names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
>CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...
>
>How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?

re: crash: is that why your printing facility with Moz 1.7.8 reported
1 July wasn't working?

Nice for letting us know!

Stubby

Nobody wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:47:54 -0400, Stubby
> <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>

>>I reconstructed my system after a crash including Mozilla 1.7.8 and
>>extensions. My <profile>\Calendar directory has 5 CalendarDataFile.ics
>>files, CalendarManager.rdf and a Sound.wav file that I use.
>>
>>Initially, nothing was displayed on my Calendar so I did a File>Open on
>>a few of these and tried to set the colors. A few appointments appeared
>>but with the wrong color. And my Tasks list is empty.
>>
>>Clicking on the "Calendars" tab shows 12 items. These have familiar
>>names such as "Birthdays", "Holidays, "Special days," ... and
>>CalendarDataFile (twice), CalendarDataFile1, ...
>>
>>How can I get back to my familiar calandar colors?

> re: crash: is that why your printing facility with Moz 1.7.8 reported
> 1 July wasn't working?
>
> Nice for letting us know!

It's not at all clear. Apparently my machine was making silent errors.
I don't know whether it was the hard disk, CPU, motherboard or memory.
I certainly would not jump to any conclusions about what was going on.
My solution was to move to my shadow machine that I keep ready to go
for just this reason. Chkdsk left about a dozen fragments, one of
which seemed to contain most of my files. Documents and Settings was
mangled and my profile name had strange characters in it.

If you have a specific question, I'll be happy to poke around in the
ashes to answer it.