Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting values from dynamically added controls

Getting values from dynamically added controls

=?Utf-8?B?ZG90bmV0dGVzdGVy?=

Hi,

I added a few link buttons in a function (loadControls) that is called only
on the first time the page is loaded. On the postBack I don't call this
function and want to retrieve the values of those controls (linkButtons). But
the only time I can see the values is if call the (loadControls ) on postBack
too.

How can I get the values of the controls without calling the 'loadControls'
function.

Thnx

=?Utf-8?B?UmFodWwgU29uaQ==?=

Hey,

Did you call the method in Page_load???

If yes, call it in the Page_init method and hopefully everything should work
fine!

--
Thanks,
Rahul Soni

--->The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources<---

"dotnettester" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a few link buttons in a function (loadControls) that is called only
> on the first time the page is loaded. On the postBack I don't call this
> function and want to retrieve the values of those controls (linkButtons). But
> the only time I can see the values is if call the (loadControls ) on postBack
> too.
>
> How can I get the values of the controls without calling the 'loadControls'
> function.
>
> Thnx

Eliyahu Goldin

You can't. This is how it is designed to work.

Eliyahu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...