Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to remove history entries in Firefox??

How to remove history entries in Firefox??

Jean Poole

Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,
extension or some other way that I can manage these items? I know I
can delete the entire history from the Tools area but this is not what
I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
J.P.

Doug G

Jean Poole wrote:
> Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
> ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
> key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
> in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
> I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
> to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,
> extension or some other way that I can manage these items? I know I
> can delete the entire history from the Tools area but this is not what
> I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
> it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
> J.P.

Highlight the entry, then press Shift+Delete.

Bunge

Jean Poole wrote:

> Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
> ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
> key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
> in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
> I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
> to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,
> extension or some other way that I can manage these items? I know I
> can delete the entire history from the Tools area but this is not what
> I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
> it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
> J.P.

Or try CCleaner < http://www.ccleaner.com/ >
Very thorough IMHO

HTH

Jean Poole wrote:
> Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
> ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
> key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
> in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
> I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
> to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,

In the URL (or any) pulldown list, highlight the item with the mouse,
then SHIFT + DELETE.

^H or View > Sidebar > History, then right click on the link, Delete.

=?iso-8859-1?B?/vOh/y3e9SH9IG1A8Q==?=

Someone want to help me with that in Moz 1.7.8?

poly-p amn

Roland

On 4-7-2005 13:55, -! m@ wrote:

> Someone want to help me with that in Moz 1.7.8?
>
> poly-p amn

Open History window: Ctrl-H or menu Go -> History. In the History window
it's probably more convenient if you select View -> Group By -> Site.
Then you can easily delete entries of the wanted sites: select the site
entry or expand the site entry and select individual entries.
Right-click -> Delete, or press Delete key.

[AFAIK, unlike Firefox, Mozilla doesn't allow you to use Shift-Delete in
the addressbar dropdown.]
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter