Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dynamic page updating?

Dynamic page updating?

Tarun Mistry

Hi all, is it possible to instruct an ASP.NET page to update itself?

Let me explain, I have a server that will post a SOAP message to a client
web service. The client web service will process the SOAP message and store
in the database or MSMQ. Now, the Client user interface is simply an ASP.NET
page, its it possible make the page update with new data once the client has
processed it? (i.e. new order arrived)?

I do not want to just refresh the page continually, is there any other
means?

Many thanks,
Taz

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

The web is stateless, so you don't have a way of issuing a command to a page
on the client's computer. Instead, you can use XMLHTTP to query a web
service for new updates. This would require just JavaScript on the page,
and no refreshes.

-Altaf

www.mendhak.com

news:uNlE70A%(E-Mail Removed)...