Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Downloading file from Web Server to Client

Downloading file from Web Server to Client

cbanks@bjtsupport.com

I have an application that creates an RTF file through a xslt template.
I thought that the WebClient Class was used for this purpose, so I
have the following code:
Dim myWebClient As New WebClient
Dim gblDefaultDirectory as String = "C:\mydocs"
Dim myWebResource = remoteUri + fileName
myWebClient.DownloadFile(myWebResource, gblDefaultDirectory &
"LabelList.rtf")

Instead of transfering the file from the server to my client, the
ASP.net application is looking for my gblDefaultDirectory on the
server. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Charles

Joerg Jooss

> I have an application that creates an RTF file through a xslt
> template. I thought that the WebClient Class was used for this
> purpose, so I have the following code:

WebClient is a simple HTTP client class. So far, this has nothing to do
with what you've describd

> Dim myWebClient As New WebClient
> Dim gblDefaultDirectory as String = "C:\mydocs"
> Dim myWebResource = remoteUri + fileName
> myWebClient.DownloadFile(myWebResource, gblDefaultDirectory &
> "LabelList.rtf")
>
> Instead of transfering the file from the server to my client, the
> ASP.net application is looking for my gblDefaultDirectory on the
> server. Am I missing something?

You used the API correctly... must be a server-side issue.

Cheers,
--
http://www.joergjooss.de
(E-Mail Removed)