Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > An error occured while...

An error occured while...

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

Hi,
I have an asp.net app that is using a sql-database localted on a different
machine. These two machines are in the same network and there is no firewalls
in between. The app is using Serviced Components and are installed in the
Component Service.

When I try to update the database this error occures:
"An error occured while enlisting in a distributed transaction".

What is wrong and how can I fix this.

Thanks
Julia

Scott Allen

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:55:02 -0800, "Julia"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have an asp.net app that is using a sql-database localted on a different
>machine. These two machines are in the same network and there is no firewalls
>in between. The app is using Serviced Components and are installed in the
>Component Service.
>
>When I try to update the database this error occures:
>"An error occured while enlisting in a distributed transaction".
>
>What is wrong and how can I fix this.

See if MSDTC is running.

Administrative Tools -> Services -> Distributed Transaction
Coordinator.

I believe it will need to be running on the database server, and on
the server with the serviced component.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

Hi,
Yes, it is running by the LocalSystem.

Julia

"Scott Allen" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:55:02 -0800, "Julia"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I have an asp.net app that is using a sql-database localted on a different
> >machine. These two machines are in the same network and there is no firewalls
> >in between. The app is using Serviced Components and are installed in the
> >Component Service.
> >
> >When I try to update the database this error occures:
> >"An error occured while enlisting in a distributed transaction".
> >
> >What is wrong and how can I fix this.
> >

> See if MSDTC is running.
>
> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Distributed Transaction
> Coordinator.
>
> I believe it will need to be running on the database server, and on
> the server with the serviced component.
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

Scott Allen

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 06:37:02 -0800, "Julia"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>Yes, it is running by the LocalSystem.

Ugh, well, DTC can be finicky with network settings, name resolution
and such. Here are two documents with troubleshooting tips.

I'd start with the ping test in the first article to make sure both
computers can be reached by name.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

Lizard Man Lizard Man is offline
Junior Member

I had the same problem and it's ONLY when trying to update record in the database. As it turned out, there were 2 problems combined:

1) the SQL sever was not able to to ping back the web server. So added entry in the host file on the sql server for the web server and visaversa.

2) Once I did #1, the MSDTC gave me an error in the event viewer something about the MSDTC name or ID being the same as one of the other servers on the network and it said that the server was cloned with non microsoft tool. And to use sysprep in the future. it also recomended uninstalling msdtc and reinstalling it again from the command prompt "msdtc -uninstall" then "msdtc -install".
I did the uninstall but the install would not work. I rebooted the serve and tried installing again and it worked. Tested the web site and surprisingly it WORKED.

Cookbook2 tutorial error: The error occured while evaluating nil.name thundercleesed@gmail.com Ruby 3 02-06-2006 04:43 AM
an error occured when calling COM+ client side within ASP.net Feng Xuebin ASP .Net 0 06-30-2004 08:52 AM
Getting the aspx page an error occured on in Application_OnError Sam-I-Am ASP .Net 3 06-09-2004 11:36 PM
error occured madhukar VHDL 0 12-29-2003 04:47 AM
occasional SqlException 'a severe error occured...' Sven Schimmel ASP .Net 1 07-31-2003 12:34 PM

Advertisments