Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox locks up on first URL sometimes; Sometimes closes itself

Firefox locks up on first URL sometimes; Sometimes closes itself

Jim

Anyone else experience this...
I have an intermittent problem with ver 1.0.4 where after I open
Firefox, sometimes the first URL I attempt to reach, Firefox
completely locks up, even leaving the drop down list of possible
matching URL's open. I don't think this happens when I either use the
personal toolbar, or the Bookmark file, which I use as a home page, to
select a site. There's no choice but to kill the program from the task
manager. It''s pretty annoying. And I don't think it happened with
earlier versions.

I also occasionally have the program close entirely when switching
between windows one of which is not yet completely loaded. Also new,
I think in 1.0.4.

Jim