Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 1.04 and Strange Find Behavior

Firefox 1.04 and Strange Find Behavior

Thomas

For the last few days every once in awhile the "find" function goes
nuts.

I can be on a page that requires input into one of their boxes like
when placing an order. After the first letter is typed and I go to
type the second letter it thinks I am doing a find. The find pane on
the bottom of the screen appears and I am stuck.

I am running no extensions and it happens randomly with different
sites. The last one was on amazon.com.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jowah

Thomas wrote:
> For the last few days every once in awhile the "find" function goes
> nuts.
>
> I can be on a page that requires input into one of their boxes like
> when placing an order. After the first letter is typed and I go to
> type the second letter it thinks I am doing a find. The find pane on
> the bottom of the screen appears and I am stuck.
>
> I am running no extensions and it happens randomly with different
> sites. The last one was on amazon.com.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

I get the same problem from time to time. When it happens, I go in to
advanced settings and uncheck the "begin finding when you begin typing"
option. Hit OK to close and apply settings, go back in and recheck it
(because I like that function). This usually clears up the crazy
behaviour with forms for awhile.

joe

Thomas

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:24:12 GMT, Jowah <"jowah
REMOVETHISBEFORESENDING "@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>> I can be on a page that requires input into one of their boxes like
>> when placing an order. After the first letter is typed and I go to
>> type the second letter it thinks I am doing a find. The find pane on
>> the bottom of the screen appears and I am stuck.
>>
>> I am running no extensions and it happens randomly with different
>> sites. The last one was on amazon.com.

>I get the same problem from time to time. When it happens, I go in to
>advanced settings and uncheck the "begin finding when you begin typing"
>option. Hit OK to close and apply settings, go back in and recheck it
>(because I like that function). This usually clears up the crazy
>behaviour with forms for awhile.

Thanks Joe for the reply.

I shall give it a try the next time that happens and that has been
with great regularity now. (((

Strange thing is it never happened before.

Thanks again.

RalphOcean

I had the same behaviour but I used another method. Just try to switch
the aplication from FF to another and go back. It works fine on my XP Home.

Greetings

RalphOcean

Thomas napisał(a)/wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:24:12 GMT, Jowah <"jowah
> REMOVETHISBEFORESENDING "@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>>I can be on a page that requires input into one of their boxes like
>>>when placing an order. After the first letter is typed and I go to
>>>type the second letter it thinks I am doing a find. The find pane on
>>>the bottom of the screen appears and I am stuck.
>>>
>>>I am running no extensions and it happens randomly with different
>>>sites. The last one was on amazon.com.

>>I get the same problem from time to time. When it happens, I go in to
>>advanced settings and uncheck the "begin finding when you begin typing"
>>option. Hit OK to close and apply settings, go back in and recheck it
>>(because I like that function). This usually clears up the crazy
>>behaviour with forms for awhile.

> Thanks Joe for the reply.
>
> I shall give it a try the next time that happens and that has been
> with great regularity now. (((
>
> Strange thing is it never happened before.
>
> Thanks again.

Thomas

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:46:16 +0200, RalphOcean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I had the same behaviour but I used another method. Just try to switch
>the aplication from FF to another and go back. It works fine on my XP Home.

Now this is really fascinating. I tried your way and it works fine on
XP Pro as well. Ceratinly much easier this way.

Thanks RalphOcean.

RalphOcean

By the way it must be a bug inside FF concerning this search function.

Greetings

RalphOcean