Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > netscape 8

netscape 8

Leo Kline

I had been running netscape 7.2 on XP Dell computer. I downloaded Netscape 8
and can not get tit to show my bookmarks in the side bar. I have tried
importing from netscape 7.2 and it says that it has completed that task.
However I still get the message "this tab is not available right now" Can
someon help?

Doug G

Leo Kline wrote:
> I had been running netscape 7.2 on XP Dell computer. I downloaded Netscape 8
> and can not get tit to show my bookmarks in the side bar. I have tried
> importing from netscape 7.2 and it says that it has completed that task.
> However I still get the message "this tab is not available right now" Can
> someon help?

While Netscape 8 is closed, try overwriting your Netscape 8 profile's
bookmarks.html file with the bookmarks.html file from your Netscape 7
profile.

Default profile folder locations:
http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

Leo Kline

The bookmaks that appear under the tool-bar tab called b"bookmarks" are
correct and are the same as they were in Netscape 7.2.I cannot get tehm to
appear under the sidebar tab called "bookmarks"
news:(E-Mail Removed)...