Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > THUNDERBIRD SIGNATURE

THUNDERBIRD SIGNATURE

Pastor Dave

Hi,

I would like to have a signature in my account in
Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.

How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
the image to appear below my text?

Thanks!

--

Pastor Dave

Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

Rom

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:

> I would like to have a signature in my account in
> Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
> and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
>
> How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
> file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
> the image to appear below my text?

Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
for a few ways for the image to be used.

<http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
<http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
<http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

--
Rom

Pastor Dave

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:43:45 +1000, Rom
<(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly:

>On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:
>
>> I would like to have a signature in my account in
>> Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
>> and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
>>
>> How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
>> file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
>> the image to appear below my text?

>Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
>for a few ways for the image to be used.
>
><http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
><http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
><http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
signature file go out with my emails, that includes
some text and a small image as a signature.

I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
is a local image on my hard drive?

--

Pastor Dave

Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

Ed Mullen

Pastor Dave wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:43:45 +1000, Rom
> <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly:
>

>>On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:
>>

>>>I would like to have a signature in my account in
>>>Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
>>>and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
>>>
>>>How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
>>>file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
>>>the image to appear below my text?

>>Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
>>for a few ways for the image to be used.
>>
>><http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
>><http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
>><http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

> Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
> signature file go out with my emails, that includes
> some text and a small image as a signature.
>
> I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
> is a local image on my hard drive?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...s_:_Signatures

If you need more assistance let us know.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Pastor Dave

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:17:36 -0400, Ed Mullen
<(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly:

>> Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
>> signature file go out with my emails, that includes
>> some text and a small image as a signature.
>>
>> I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
>> is a local image on my hard drive?
>>

>http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...s_:_Signatures
>
>If you need more assistance let us know.

That was pretty close, thanks. I found through
experimentation, that you don't even need Notepad.
You can insert the picture and save it as an HTML
file right from Thunderbird.

Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
and I just can't get it to work. (:

>I wonder how much deeper would the ocean be without sponges.

Good question. <LOL!>

--

Pastor Dave wrote:
> Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
> I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
> and I just can't get it to work. (:

The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.

That's how TB knows where the signature is.

Pastor Dave

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> spake
thusly:

>Pastor Dave wrote:
>> Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
>> I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
>> and I just can't get it to work. (:

>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
>
>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?

-\n--

???

--

Pastor Dave

Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

Scott Nelson

On my sig, I didn't put the hyphens. Just what I wanted the signature
to say. Thunderbird puts the hyphens in for you.

Scott

--
http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/

Arne

Once upon a time *Pastor Dave* wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> spake
> thusly:
>
>>Pastor Dave wrote:
>>> Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
>>> I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
>>> and I just can't get it to work. (:

>>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
>>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
>>
>>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

> Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
>
> -\n--
>
> ???

No, just "-- "(hyphen, hyphen, space) and then hit Enter.

You are using Forte Agent, a "special" software for news and I'm
suprised that it does not have easy understandable preference and not
even pre setted for things like this.

Especially in news the sig "cutter" is very much appricated. I'm using
Mozilla Suite's mail/news app and this is "natural" from the start

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
quote signatures, thank you.

Hendrik Maryns

Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 19:53:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> spake
> thusly:
>

>>Pastor Dave wrote:
>>
>>>Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
>>>I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
>>>and I just can't get it to work. (:

>>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
>>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
>>
>>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

> Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
>
> -\n--
>
> ???

Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
and will be cut off when replying.

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

Turning a signature-changing decorator into a signature-preservingone Gustavo Narea Python 14 02-16-2009 04:58 PM
THUNDERBIRD SIGNATURE Pastor Dave Firefox 5 11-01-2006 06:48 PM
Thunderbird Signature balado Firefox 2 04-17-2005 01:14 PM
Signature in Thunderbird Paul Ingram Firefox 1 08-08-2004 07:27 PM
UTF-8 with signature & UTF-8 without signature JJBW ASP .Net 1 04-24-2004 10:21 AM

Advertisments