Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF doesn't recognise master password (or did I mistype?)

FF doesn't recognise master password (or did I mistype?)

Hendrik Maryns

Hi all.

Serious trouble here! I entered a master password in FF today. Had to
enter it twice as usual. It was accepted. First time it asks me for
it, it doesn't recognise it anymore!

Could this be because there is a non-ASCII symbol in it? I.e. , a
backward quote, entered by Alt-right+0 on an international qwerty board.

If no solutions, what can I do to loose as few information as possible,
but be able to do a fresh start with another FF? I know I should copy
bookmarks.html from my profile folder, but what else?

TIA, H.
--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

Adrian

Hendrik Maryns wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Serious trouble here! I entered a master password in FF today. Had to
> enter it twice as usual. It was accepted. First time it asks me for
> it, it doesn't recognise it anymore!
>
> Could this be because there is a non-ASCII symbol in it? I.e. , a
> backward quote, entered by Alt-right+0 on an international qwerty board.
>
> If no solutions, what can I do to loose as few information as possible,
> but be able to do a fresh start with another FF? I know I should copy
> bookmarks.html from my profile folder, but what else?
>
> TIA, H.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Doug G

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Serious trouble here! I entered a master password in FF today. Had to
> enter it twice as usual. It was accepted. First time it asks me for
> it, it doesn't recognise it anymore!
>
> Could this be because there is a non-ASCII symbol in it? I.e. , a
> backward quote, entered by Alt-right+0 on an international qwerty board.
>
> If no solutions, what can I do to loose as few information as possible,
> but be able to do a fresh start with another FF? I know I should copy
> bookmarks.html from my profile folder, but what else?
>
> TIA, H.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_pas...aster_password

Hendrik Maryns

Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 26/06/2005 13:26:
> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Serious trouble here! I entered a master password in FF today. Had
>> to enter it twice as usual. It was accepted. First time it asks me
>> for it, it doesn't recognise it anymore!
>>
>> Could this be because there is a non-ASCII symbol in it? I.e. , a
>> backward quote, entered by Alt-right+0 on an international qwerty board.
>>
>> If no solutions, what can I do to loose as few information as
>> possible, but be able to do a fresh start with another FF? I know I
>> should copy bookmarks.html from my profile folder, but what else?
>>
>> TIA, H.

> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_pas...aster_password

The information on that site is no longer correct, but I found out, and
will edit the page. Thanks!

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

Hendrik Maryns

Hendrik Maryns uitte de volgende tekst op 26/06/2005 15:29:
> Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 26/06/2005 13:26:
>
>> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> Serious trouble here! I entered a master password in FF today. Had
>>> to enter it twice as usual. It was accepted. First time it asks me
>>> for it, it doesn't recognise it anymore!
>>>
>>> Could this be because there is a non-ASCII symbol in it? I.e. , a
>>> backward quote, entered by Alt-right+0 on an international qwerty board.
>>>
>>> If no solutions, what can I do to loose as few information as
>>> possible, but be able to do a fresh start with another FF? I know I
>>> should copy bookmarks.html from my profile folder, but what else?
>>>
>>> TIA, H.

>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_pas...aster_password

> The information on that site is no longer correct, but I found out, and
> will edit the page. Thanks!

Well, I managed to get rid of it by using
chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul and accepting, but now Firefox
doesn't remember any passwords anymore. Unchecking and rechecking the
Remember passwords checkbox didn't help.

Any suggestions? It is really annoying to have to look up that same
password I never remember over and over again...

Thanks, H.