Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Fragment caching ??

Fragment caching ??

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Dear all,

I have heard and read that fragment caching is used to cache a part of a web
page in order to get remaining items vivible on the page.
For example if a database querry is quite long, we create a web user control
and cache that control. Which will means that during the querry process
remaining page control will be visible while the querry gets executed.

Then what happen if let say the querry takes more than 1 minutes to return
the result and during that time the user browse to an other page in the same
application.

Does the current executing querry will be aborted ?
Does the current querry will still executing but return value will be send
back no where?

thanks for wour reply
regards

serge

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Serge,

That's not really fragment caching...

I think you're simply wanting some sort of progress mechanism. There are a
number of ways to accomplish this from simple UI tricks of displaying some
sort of animation, to actually loading the page nad retrieving the content
you need to retrieve separately and loading it into the current page (AJAX
style data retrievals and page updates).

+++ Rick ---
--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

"serge calderara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> I have heard and read that fragment caching is used to cache a part of a
> web
> page in order to get remaining items vivible on the page.
> For example if a database querry is quite long, we create a web user
> control
> and cache that control. Which will means that during the querry process
> remaining page control will be visible while the querry gets executed.
>
> Then what happen if let say the querry takes more than 1 minutes to return
> the result and during that time the user browse to an other page in the
> same
> application.
>
> Does the current executing querry will be aborted ?
> Does the current querry will still executing but return value will be send
> back no where?
>
> thanks for wour reply
> regards
>
> serge

=?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

hi rick,

I am preparing for my asp exam and trying to understand what is happeneing
In fact in one question of my simulation exams, is was mentionning that if
you want the controls on the current page remains visible to the user while
the querry is executed, you need to creat a web user control whcih take car
of the querry and cache that control on the page directive

what do you think about it ?

That is why I was wondering what happen to the querry process if during that
time the user jump to another page

regards
serge

Fragment Caching Ed ASP .Net 0 02-01-2006 12:15 AM
Globally turn page fragment caching off? DC ASP .Net 3 10-18-2005 02:51 PM
fragment caching problem =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= ASP .Net 1 07-15-2004 09:47 PM
Fragment Caching inside page caching? Troy Simpson ASP .Net 0 01-19-2004 11:57 AM
fragment page caching quique ASP .Net 0 10-30-2003 11:17 AM

Advertisments