Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > [MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.

[MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.

Rob Dob

Hi,

I have a VS2003 C# asp.net project that has been converted into a VS2005
project. Everything seemed to work well until I make a modification to
anything within the Component Designer window, i.e. I add a SQLCommand. At
that point VS2005 changes my C# file to now load all Selectcommantext data
from the resource file instead of the .aspx.cs file. then when I try and
once again run my application I get the following error: looking at my .cs
file I see that it now looks like this..

System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new
System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typ eof(articles_wanted));

Below is my error page..

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the
neutral culture. Make sure "MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly
embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that
all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could
not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral
culture. Make sure "MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly embedded
or linked into assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that all the
satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source Error:

Line 400: // sqlSelectCommand7
Line 401: //
Line 402: this.sqlSelectCommand7.CommandText =
resources.GetString("sqlSelectCommand7.CommandText ");
Line 403: this.sqlSelectCommand7.Connection =
this.sqlConnection1;
Line 404: //

Source File: c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs Line: 402

Stack Trace:

[MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate
for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure
"MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into
assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that all the satellite
assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.]
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +655
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo
culture) +77
System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +6
MyApp.articles_wanted.InitializeComponent() in
c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs:402
MyApp.articles_wanted.OnInit(EventArgs e) in
c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs:302
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692