Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to parse deeper nested tags in custom control

how to parse deeper nested tags in custom control

=?Utf-8?B?U0VC?=

can any one please redirect me to how to use control builder class to parse
the following case (or any other method)
<mycustomcontroltag>
<item attribute1="x" attribute2="y" ......>
<subitems>
<item attribute1="xx" attribute2="yy" ......>
<subitems>
more deeper nested tags can be here
</subitems>
</item>
</subitems>
</item>
more item tags with deeper nested sub tags can be here
</ycustomcontroltag>

Brock Allen

I'd suggest looking into the various attributes that control the paraser
such as ParseChildren and PersistenceMode. With those 2 I think you can get
the nesting you're looking for there. Also, I'd suggest checking out "Developing
Microsoft ASP.NET Server Controls and Components", Nikhil Kothari, Vandana
Datye:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073...books&v=glance

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> can any one please redirect me to how to use control builder class to
> parse
> the following case (or any other method)
> <mycustomcontroltag>
> <item attribute1="x" attribute2="y" ......>
> <subitems>
> <item attribute1="xx" attribute2="yy" ......>
> <subitems>
> more deeper nested tags can be here
> </subitems>
> </item>
> </subitems>
> </item>
> more item tags with deeper nested sub tags can be here
> </ycustomcontroltag

=?Utf-8?B?U0VC?=

Brock,
You are totalement right.
I just added [ParseChildren(true)] [PersistChildren(false)] to both classes
and
[PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)] to the properties and it
worked

Thanks a lot.

by the way i could not registered in your blog, is it possible or not?