Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure

joef

I'm running VS on my PC (W2K) connected to a remote IIS server (W2K)
SP4 that is not a domain controller. I've got the ASPNET and IWAM
accounts in the "Impersonate a client after authentication" user rights
on the server. I'm in the local admins and debuggers groups. When
trying to debug, I'm getting the:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on
the web server. Catastrophic failure

error, and I've seen other questions in this group with the same
problem and I've tried the solutions recommended there without success.

On the VS install on the server, under "server components\remote
debugger I've got full remote debugging, not native. I've got DEBUG
under the allowverbs section of urlscan.ini

I've gone through the recommendations in the article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rvererrors.asp

Should I check the DCOM settings - and if so, how? I've seen
references to an RPCPing tool, but couldn't find it -- would it be
worth getting that tool? What port(s) does debugging use?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Joe

Unable to start debugging on the web server. Logon failure Adam Tibi ASP .Net Security 0 01-25-2006 11:24 AM
need help in debugging, getting "Catastrophic failure" message joef ASP .Net 0 12-02-2005 02:16 PM
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure Edward Yang ASP .Net 4 01-06-2004 03:11 AM
Catastrophic failure. Cris MCSD 1 12-22-2003 10:44 PM
Debugging - Catastrophic Failure :( !!! Alek ASP .Net 1 08-04-2003 01:44 PM

Advertisments