Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to set-up cross-domain remote debugging - DCOM got error "General access denied error"

How to set-up cross-domain remote debugging - DCOM got error "General access denied error"

matsla@hotmail.com

I have followed all guide lines to set up remote debugging but is it
possible to do cross-domain remote debugging? I use same
account/password on both computers (XP => 2003), added users to debug
group, change DCOM security etc.

I get following error in the event log when try to start the remote
debugging Visual Studio 2003...

DCOM got error "General access denied error" from the computer COMP1
when attempting to activate the server:
{73B25FFD-F501-437B-8B11-7F0DE383964F} => Machine Debug Manager

// Mats

CyberOwl CyberOwl is offline
Junior Member

I'm having the exact same problem. We are changing from domain at our company (buyed by another). I'm installing the applications in a new Server in the new Domain, but my account and my computer are in the old one and I would like to be able to debug in the new one...

Any help appreciated