Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > bookmark behavior - FF

bookmark behavior - FF

nobody@junk.min.net

Is there an extension that causes the bookmarks in Firefox to open in a
separate small window, as they do in Mozilla, rather than taking up space
on the side of the screen? I've checked several extension sites, but
haven't been able to find one.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Doug G

> Is there an extension that causes the bookmarks in Firefox to open in a
> separate small window, as they do in Mozilla, rather than taking up space
> on the side of the screen? I've checked several extension sites, but
> haven't been able to find one.
>

> Alan

Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

Jowah

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is there an extension that causes the bookmarks in Firefox to open in a
> separate small window, as they do in Mozilla, rather than taking up space
> on the side of the screen? I've checked several extension sites, but
> haven't been able to find one.
>

> Alan

You could use bookmark manager and place all or some of your bookmarks
in the bookmark toolbar.

Splibbilla

Doug G <(E-Mail Removed)> in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

extra bit of usefulness:
you can choose Manage Bookmarks from the pull down menus. this opens a tree view of bookmarks. Then, in the browser
window, you can begin navigating thru your folder tree, right click on a folder, Manage Bookmarks. now you have *two*
simultaneous windows/views of bookmarks. AFIAK, you can have only one view of bkmks in moz.

--
Gecko/1.7.8: 20050511, Mozilla1.7.20050.51112, Firefox1.0.4 DeerParkRc1 Trying: Rip, infoRSS
1 WinXP + FF + GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabmix, IEView, &?

Ed Mullen

Splibbilla wrote:

> Doug G <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Click Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.

> extra bit of usefulness:
> you can choose Manage Bookmarks from the pull down menus. this opens a tree view of bookmarks. Then, in the browser
> window, you can begin navigating thru your folder tree, right click on a folder, Manage Bookmarks. now you have *two*
> simultaneous windows/views of bookmarks. AFIAK, you can have only one view of bkmks in moz.

In the Suite you can simultaneously view the Bookmarks Sidebar and the
Bookmarks Manager. In both FF and Suite you can also simultaneously use
the Bookmarks drop-down menu although there's no maintenance able to be
done from there.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Splibbilla

Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> In the Suite you can simultaneously view the Bookmarks Sidebar and the
> Bookmarks Manager.

good point

>In both FF and Suite you can also simultaneously use
> the Bookmarks drop-down menu although there's no maintenance able to be
> done from there.

you can
drag marks in moz &ff menus.
hold down shift and drag folders in moz &ff menus.
rigth click, properties in ff menus.
can drag from browser to marks manager, but in ff, you have to drop the url onto a folder, not in the list

i'm sure there are other more 'hidden' moves possible.

also marks (original title or renamed) can be dragged to windows, but the reverse, dragging a .URL file ("internet shortcut")
from win shows only the http in marks. (the title is lost)

bookmark files Bob Holtzman Firefox 1 06-01-2004 11:50 AM
Bookmark extension or plugin for firefox. TIA roadster3043 Firefox 0 05-07-2004 04:15 AM
Firebird bug? Right-click Bookmark menu and subitems won't fold out afterwards Quivis Firefox 5 12-20-2003 10:05 PM
Slow bookmark search Stager Firefox 1 09-23-2003 08:05 PM

Advertisments