Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Background

Firefox Background

Sam Salt

I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.

When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to the
page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that may be at the
time ,with text on the top.

This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close it,then
open it and the problem is there.

The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so presumably
it is a Firefox problem.

Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.

Thanks,

Sam Salt

Doug G

Sam Salt wrote:
> I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
>
> When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to the
> page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that may be at the
> time ,with text on the top.
>
> This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close it,then
> open it and the problem is there.
>
> The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so presumably
> it is a Firefox problem.
>
> Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Sam Salt

If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check marked
in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the check marks.
You may have to restart the program after doing so.

Sam Salt

Doug G wrote:
> Sam Salt wrote:
>> I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
>>
>> When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to
>> the page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that
>> may be at the time ,with text on the top.
>>
>> This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close
>> it,then open it and the problem is there.
>>
>> The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so
>> presumably it is a Firefox problem.
>>
>> Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Sam Salt

> If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check
> marked in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the
> check marks. You may have to restart the program after doing so.

Thanks,Doug done that.

Will see how it goes.

Sam Salt

Sam Salt

Sam Salt wrote:
> Doug G wrote:
>> Sam Salt wrote:
>>> I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
>>>
>>> When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to
>>> the page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that
>>> may be at the time ,with text on the top.
>>>
>>> This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close
>>> it,then open it and the problem is there.
>>>
>>> The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so
>>> presumably it is a Firefox problem.
>>>
>>> Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Sam Salt

>> If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check
>> marked in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the
>> check marks. You may have to restart the program after doing so.

> Thanks,Doug done that.
>
> Will see how it goes.
>

> Sam Salt

Sadly no joy,still doing it at random.