Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Subweb / Subprojects VS2005

Subweb / Subprojects VS2005

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydCBLb3BwYW5n?=

I have a web site which we use to service many customers. The base part of
the web site is the same for every customer. Then there are sub-webs for
each customer that contain customer specific pages only. How do we structure
the projects such that I don't need to build one solution which contains the
base web and every customer web while maintaining session accross all the
webs? One of the frustrating things about VS is that if it finds a sub web
it tries to compile it. So i remove the sub-web and everything compiles, but
now how do I test the sub-web when I can't navigate through the base web?

More info...each web (base and customer) has a bunch of supporting
assemblies (service, data, rules, etc). The base web should not change very
frequently but each sub-web (customer specific) will be on a different
release cycle. So I need to keep them separate.

I have read the Guthrie articles on VS2005 projects and while they get me
pretty close, they don't seem to address my issues.

I refuse to belive that this problem is uniqute and hopefully someone on the
ASP.NET / VS team has thought about this scenario. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
curt

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydCBLb3BwYW5n?=

Silence sucks, if I am off my rocker just tell me so .

Thanks,
curt

"Curt Koppang" wrote:

> I have a web site which we use to service many customers. The base part of
> the web site is the same for every customer. Then there are sub-webs for
> each customer that contain customer specific pages only. How do we structure
> the projects such that I don't need to build one solution which contains the
> base web and every customer web while maintaining session accross all the
> webs? One of the frustrating things about VS is that if it finds a sub web
> it tries to compile it. So i remove the sub-web and everything compiles, but
> now how do I test the sub-web when I can't navigate through the base web?
>
> More info...each web (base and customer) has a bunch of supporting
> assemblies (service, data, rules, etc). The base web should not change very
> frequently but each sub-web (customer specific) will be on a different
> release cycle. So I need to keep them separate.
>
> I have read the Guthrie articles on VS2005 projects and while they get me
> pretty close, they don't seem to address my issues.
>
> I refuse to belive that this problem is uniqute and hopefully someone on the
> ASP.NET / VS team has thought about this scenario. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> curt

Git Subprojects and Rubyforge Intransition Ruby 1 08-17-2009 04:10 PM
Splitting to subprojects jb ASP .Net 3 04-18-2007 08:27 AM
How to use JUnits failureproperty with subprojects? Nick de Graeve Java 0 01-24-2006 12:10 PM
ASPX file returning obscur runtime error - after changing permissions to a subweb (.net app) to different permissions than on its parent ? Isabelle ASP .Net 0 08-11-2004 02:04 PM
Removing HttpHandler in SubWeb Mark Olbert ASP .Net 2 07-20-2004 09:12 PM

Advertisments