Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Looking for file

Looking for file

tish

i am currently running WinXP home edition
firefox 1.0.4

i was trying to change a theme...i was trying to go to one of the gnome
themes...so,before i closed down yesterday i went to my themes area from
the drop down menu and clicked on what i wanted,knowing that when i got
on today there would be another theme

well,all i have is a corrupted screen...it is is black and white and if
i try to go for a drop down menu it is all blacked out

can anyone guide me on what to do next? i tried to find the file but all
i could find was a file that was as follows:
{e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
it was in a 1KB text file that was titled: installed extensions-processed

i deleted it...of course first saving it...and nothing happened....yet
when i try to open that file a blank firefox screen comes up

any help would be appreciated

thanks,
tish

Doug G

tish wrote:
> i am currently running WinXP home edition
> firefox 1.0.4
>
> i was trying to change a theme...i was trying to go to one of the gnome
> themes...so,before i closed down yesterday i went to my themes area from
> the drop down menu and clicked on what i wanted,knowing that when i got
> on today there would be another theme
>
> well,all i have is a corrupted screen...it is is black and white and if
> i try to go for a drop down menu it is all blacked out
>
> can anyone guide me on what to do next? i tried to find the file but all
> i could find was a file that was as follows:
> {e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
> it was in a 1KB text file that was titled: installed extensions-processed
>
> i deleted it...of course first saving it...and nothing happened....yet
> when i try to open that file a blank firefox screen comes up
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks,
> tish

Try uninstalling the theme while running Firefox in Safe Mode. Look for
the Firefox (Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu.

tish

i seem to have displaced the reply to this question but i wanted to tell
the good soul who answered me that his solution worked wonderfully and i
am back up and running perfectly
peace,
tish