Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server.Transfer gives object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server.Transfer gives object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Greg

Why would I get this suddenly now that I am running in VS 2005:

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="System.Web"
StackTrace:
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean
preserveForm)
at VPM.Global.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VPM\App_Code\Global.asax.vb:lin e 104
at System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError()

All I am trying to do is:

Sub Application_Error(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
' Fires when an error occurs
Server.Transfer("/VPM/Forms/Processing/P_ErrorPage.aspx",
True)

End Sub

in the global.asax