Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > deploying website or copying website?

deploying website or copying website?

Flip

What do people tend to prefer? I was looking at that last night and got a
bit confused about the two options? It seems the deploy option
deletes/cleans out any existing code from the IIS website directory, is that
correct? If you wanted to keep any config files, obviously this isn't the
way to go, is it? Have people used and do they like the Copy Website
option?

What's the right way to do this? Thanks.

Karl Seguin

If you re talking about 2.0, you have to try the deployment tool recently
released by Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...p/default.aspx

For 1.x I'd use something like:
http://www.eworldui.net/UnleashIt/