Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Crashes Can't Delete Mail

Thunderbird Crashes Can't Delete Mail

Dene Charlesworth

I have a mail header in my inbox that i can't delete. Each time I try it
crashes thunderbird & want's to send an error report to microsoft.
It also prevents me from compacting messages & exporting messages.
I am about to reformat my drive & will lose all my emails if I can't
sort this out.
Help!!
--
Dene Charlesworth

Peter Boerhof

Dene Charlesworth wrote:

> I have a mail header in my inbox that i can't delete. Each time I try
> it crashes thunderbird & want's to send an error report to microsoft.
> It also prevents me from compacting messages & exporting messages.
> I am about to reformat my drive & will lose all my emails if I can't
> sort this out.
> Help!!

You just have to delete the *inbox.msf* file (only this one not the one
without extension) this is an" Mail Sumery File" which contains the
headers of your inbox e- mails. The msf file seems to be corrupted . A
new inbox.msf file will be generated automatically when you acces your
mail. I don't know which version of Windows you are using but on the
next link you will find the path to the directorie where the inbox.msf
file is located:

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7profloc.html

Also read :

http://sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6209