Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Object datasources vanish from rdlc data sources in web project

Object datasources vanish from rdlc data sources in web project

Greg

Anyone having issues with their object datasources appearing and
vanishing from the datasource browser?

I create an object for binding as a datasource in my App_Code folder,
compile my web project and it appears in the datasources in the report
designer. Then I will make an aspx, setup a reportviewer control for
my new report, go back to the rdlc and the object datasource sometimes
just vanishes.

I refresh, no luck.

The only solution I found is to draft the rdlc to the App_Code folder
where my class is, then refresh datasources and it finds it. Then if I
move it away, they vanish again.

Am I missing something on how the object datasources work in web
projects?