Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Best list of free software you'll ever see!

Closed Thread

Best list of free software you'll ever see!

zachig zachig is offline
Senior Member

Thanks a lot for the long. I'll check some of the free stuff in the following days. When i'll have my free software to recommend, I'll be glad to share it with you guys.

Technoholic Technoholic is offline
Senior Member

How bout the StylerXP and WindowBlinds?
Both not free, I don't think so but you can still get to use it if you can endure the splash at the start up.
I quit WindowBlinds anyway, its not recommended really well for Firefox users. It makes the screen go funky, just moving up and down so annoying. If someone knows the solution to this, please tell me.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i used both, i honesty hate them , good old res editing is better

ww_crimson ww_crimson is offline
Member

A few I don't have links for but I could find are
TuneXP
Firetune
HiJackThis
Ad-Aware (I guess you could call this great)
GSpot (godly codec program)

ZAK18 ZAK18 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks you!

SlipSand SlipSand is offline
Junior Member

Yeah cool links.
One thing the ATI-Tool doesnt work well on older cards.
I dunno if it cant detect when its artifacting or what. I tried it on my 7500 2 weeks back and it kept letting it artifact allover the place. :\

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

doesn't sound too good

stlava stlava is offline
Senior Member
stlava's Avatar

For newer cards its fine though..

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

It reckons my x600 pro is a x300 but it still functions fine!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

http://www.konfabulator.com
It's now totally free, Yahoo bought 'em out and the new version costs's zip, zilch, nada. A thousand different "widgets" that do all sorts of things (too many to list). Check 'em out, definatly worth it. The new version seems to be a lot more stable too. I have about 40 widgets on my desktop right now, I'm addicted to widgets, it'll pass, but it's fun.

Closed Thread