Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Reporting Services and FXCop

Reporting Services and FXCop

Brendan Reynolds

When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not in
my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do about
these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?

--
Brendan Reynolds

Karl Seguin

well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain assemblies/namespaces.

It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.
What version are you using? Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Brendan Reynolds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OzV9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
> services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not in
> my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do
> about these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds

Brendan Reynolds

> well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain
> assemblies/namespaces.

Ah! Got it, thanks!

That solved the problem for me, but if you're still curious here are the
answers to your questions ...

> It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.

Just the web reference, not other references.

> What version are you using?

1.32

> Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?

Yes.

> "Brendan Reynolds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OzV9%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
>> services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not
>> in my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do
>> about these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the
>> reference?
>>
>> --
>> Brendan Reynolds

Web Method Returning XmlDocument/IXPathNavigable and FxCop JimLad ASP .Net 2 01-16-2009 11:44 AM
MVP Pattern with .aspx Pages, and FXCop Error Chris Marsh ASP .Net 6 11-27-2007 11:32 AM
FxCop App Security Velvet ASP .Net 3 01-19-2006 09:28 AM
Please help me with FxCOP 1.32 and ASP.NET 2.0 ASP .Net 4 12-19-2005 05:13 AM
fxcop and asp.net 1.1 John ASP .Net 1 08-15-2005 03:00 PM

Advertisments