Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Launching links from Thunderbird

Launching links from Thunderbird

Robert

I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with multiple
links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately the window
focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain when I have
20 or more links to process.

I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in Thunderbird.
Ideally I would like to launch all the links in separate tabs in
Firefox in one motion.

Any ideas?

Bernard

Robert wrote:
> I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
> would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
> regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with multiple
> links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately the window
> focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain when I have
> 20 or more links to process.
>
> I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in Thunderbird.
> Ideally I would like to launch all the links in separate tabs in
> Firefox in one motion.
>
> Any ideas?

The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

Robert

Bernard wrote:
> Robert wrote:
>
>> I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
>> would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
>> regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with
>> multiple links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately
>> the window focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain
>> when I have 20 or more links to process.
>>
>> I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in
>> Thunderbird. Ideally I would like to launch all the links in
>> separate tabs in Firefox in one motion.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
> Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
> window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

I have that set, the problem is that firefox becomes the active window
for each link hit in thunderbird. That means that I have to then switch
to thunderbird to hit the next link. When you have many links to hit,
this can become a pain.

Doug G

Robert wrote:
> Bernard wrote:
>> Robert wrote:
>>
>>> I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
>>> would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
>>> regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with
>>> multiple links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately
>>> the window focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain
>>> when I have 20 or more links to process.
>>>
>>> I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in
>>> Thunderbird. Ideally I would like to launch all the links in
>>> separate tabs in Firefox in one motion.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
>> Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
>> window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

> I have that set, the problem is that firefox becomes the active window
> for each link hit in thunderbird. That means that I have to then switch
> to thunderbird to hit the next link. When you have many links to hit,
> this can become a pain.

Save the e-mail with multiple links as an HTML file and open it in Firefox.