Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tables in VS2005

Tables in VS2005

Frank Rizzo

Hello,

I am new to ASP.NET and my question, I suspect, is a simple one. I want
to implement comments for an article. A single comment consists of a
table with 2 rows in it (author info and the comment text). Some
articles will have many comments. What server side control could I use
to implement this type of functionality?

If I remember correctly in classic asp you just built the html for your
tables and did Response.Write. I suppose I could do the same thing
here, but that's probably not in the spirit of asp.net. Anyway, what is
the right approach here?

Thanks

clintonG

Look at the Repeater control or a DataList control.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

"Frank Rizzo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am new to ASP.NET and my question, I suspect, is a simple one. I want
> to implement comments for an article. A single comment consists of a
> table with 2 rows in it (author info and the comment text). Some articles
> will have many comments. What server side control could I use to implement
> this type of functionality?
>
> If I remember correctly in classic asp you just built the html for your
> tables and did Response.Write. I suppose I could do the same thing here,
> but that's probably not in the spirit of asp.net. Anyway, what is the
> right approach here?
>
> Thanks

VS2005 formatting tables incorrect tshad ASP .Net 0 09-24-2007 06:49 AM
How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Question about VS2005's application architecture diagram tools Jason Kendall ASP .Net 1 07-03-2004 11:56 PM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM

Advertisments