Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > publishing to iis 5.1

publishing to iis 5.1

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

It is 5.1 on XP Media Edition. I know that it is using the ASPNET account
and I have made sure that the account has the proper permission in the
wwwroot directory.

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Go to :
> http://www.aspnetfaq.com/default.asp...&CategoryId=39
> and run the short script posted there to identify the account ASP.NET is running as.
>
> You haven't said which version of IIS, or which OS, you're running.
>
> If you're running IIS 5.0 or 5.1, your ASP.NET account is ASPNET,
> unless you're impersonating.
>
> If you're running IIS 6.0, it's NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
> ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
> Foros de ASP.NET en Espa├▒ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Not that I know of. How would I check that?
> >
> > "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> >> Are you impersonating ?
> >> Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
> >> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Juan T. Llibre

Check to see if all the directories/files/accounts listed in :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l/secmod15.asp
have the permissions outlined in that article.

You can test by creating a custom account, per the article's recommendations.
If the new account works OK, run ASP.NET as that account.

That probably will require less effort than troubleshooting your current account.