Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview with combobox whose data is dependent on field in gridview

Gridview with combobox whose data is dependent on field in gridview

wallermj@hotmail.com

I am an inexperienced asp.net user starting my first app in asp.net. I
need to have a combobox field in my gridview whose data is filtered by
a field in that row. More specifically, I am to display all the
invoice numbers (there can be many) tied to the container number
displayed on the row. Each row has a different container number so in
each row the combobox will need to display different information. I
have found code to help me figure out how to populate the combobox, but
I can't find anything out there that has an example of a combobox on a
gridview that has unique values in the combobox for each row, tied to
data in that row.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wallermj@hotmail.com

I meant dropdown list not combobox. I sometimes confuse the two.
Sorry.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

Look at the 2-way databinding from the Quickstart tutorials:
http://66.129.71.130/QuickStartv20/u...umDropDown.src

http://66.129.71.130/QuickStartv20/a...spx#twowaybind
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I am an inexperienced asp.net user starting my first app in asp.net. I
> need to have a combobox field in my gridview whose data is filtered by
> a field in that row. More specifically, I am to display all the
> invoice numbers (there can be many) tied to the container number
> displayed on the row. Each row has a different container number so in
> each row the combobox will need to display different information. I
> have found code to help me figure out how to populate the combobox, but
> I can't find anything out there that has an example of a combobox on a
> gridview that has unique values in the combobox for each row, tied to
> data in that row.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

wallermj@hotmail.com

Thank you for your response, but I don't see the relationship between
the sample that you sent and my question. This might be because I am
new to asp.net. What I want is for the dropdownlist to be in my
gridview and the data in the dropdownlist for each row to be unique
based on the key value for the row.

Again thanks for your reply and the site you referrenced should be
helpful to me in the future.