Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird suggestions and question

Thunderbird suggestions and question

Jefry

To whom would i address the following suggestions for Tbird?
It would be nice to be able to mark a message as 'Unread'; and it would
be nice, also, to rearrange the order of columns for mail, particularly
to move the 'Flags' column to the first position, unless someone can
tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
find a way to do it.
TIA

Moz Champion

Jefry wrote:
> To whom would i address the following suggestions for Tbird?
> It would be nice to be able to mark a message as 'Unread'; and it would
> be nice, also, to rearrange the order of columns for mail, particularly
> to move the 'Flags' column to the first position, unless someone can
> tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
> find a way to do it.
> TIA

To mark a message unread just use the Mark button
its a toggle switch
If the message is read, it is toggled to unread, if the message is
unread it is marked read

Do you have the Mark button on your toolbar?
If not, then
View-->Toolbars-->Customize
and drag the Mark button to your toolbar

You can re-arrange the columns for email simply by dragging and dropping
them into the order you prefer

Jefry

Moz Champion wrote:
> Jefry wrote:
>
>> To whom would i address the following suggestions for Tbird?
>> It would be nice to be able to mark a message as 'Unread'; and it would
>> be nice, also, to rearrange the order of columns for mail, particularly
>> to move the 'Flags' column to the first position, unless someone can
>> tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
>> find a way to do it.
>> TIA

> To mark a message unread just use the Mark button
> its a toggle switch
> If the message is read, it is toggled to unread, if the message is
> unread it is marked read
>
> Do you have the Mark button on your toolbar?
> If not, then
> View-->Toolbars-->Customize
> and drag the Mark button to your toolbar
>
> You can re-arrange the columns for email simply by dragging and dropping
> them into the order you prefer

Oops! I guess too many years of the migrant sloth have led me away from
the simple and direct. I'd never have assumed drag-and-drop would work
for the toolbar. And, now that i have the 'Mark' button, you're right.
Thanks.

pzacle pzacle is offline
Junior Member

I recently hooked up Verizon Wireless Sync on a New Palm Treo, and set the Thunderbird message filter to forward messages to another email address after the message filters, and junk mail filters, junk the spam. This works great to get real email on my Treo except for one problem... Verizon sync can not work with html email, and all the messages seem to continue to be forwarded in their source formats, mostly html. I set the send function in Thunderbird to text, but I don't think this works on forwarded messages.

Does anyone know if forwarded messages can be set to plain text? If it can't be done, then I offer that option as a suggestion for Thunderbird.

Thanks

phil l