Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Pop up

Pop up

Judy

On my website I have a calendar, in IE when you click on it the info it
opens in another box but not in FF. I have allowed the site in web options &
allowed Java & Javascript. Any suggestions??

Moz Champion

Judy wrote:
> On my website I have a calendar, in IE when you click on it the info it
> opens in another box but not in FF. I have allowed the site in web options &
> allowed Java & Javascript. Any suggestions??

its probably a coding situation, can you give us the url of the page?

Judy

It's www.morayscouts.org.uk/calendar

Thanks for this

"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SJZre.324622$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Judy wrote:
> > On my website I have a calendar, in IE when you click on it the info it
> > opens in another box but not in FF. I have allowed the site in web

options &
> > allowed Java & Javascript. Any suggestions??
> >

> its probably a coding situation, can you give us the url of the page?

Arne

Once upon a time *Judy* wrote:
> It's www.morayscouts.org.uk/calendar
>
> Thanks for this
>
> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SJZre.324622$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Judy wrote:
>> > On my website I have a calendar, in IE when you click on it the info it
>> > opens in another box but not in FF. I have allowed the site in web

> options &
>> > allowed Java & Javascript. Any suggestions??
>> >

>> its probably a coding situation, can you give us the url of the page?

Yepp, it's non standard Javascript.

Error: redeclaration of const window
Source File: http://morayscouts.org.uk/calendar/
Line: 13

Error: window is not a function
Source File: javascript:window('event.php?id=4')
Line: 1

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
quote signatures, thank you.

Judy

Yepp, it's non standard Javascript.

Error: redeclaration of const window
Source File: http://morayscouts.org.uk/calendar/
Line: 13

Error: window is not a function
Source File: javascript:window('event.php?id=4')
Line: 1

Thanks, anyone any idea as to how to make it standard as the calendar was
actually given to us. Benefactor unknown
Judy
"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Judy* wrote:
> > It's www.morayscouts.org.uk/calendar
> >
> > Thanks for this
> >
> > "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:SJZre.324622$(E-Mail Removed)...

it

> > options &
> >> >

> >> its probably a coding situation, can you give us the url of the page?

> Yepp, it's non standard Javascript.
>
> Error: redeclaration of const window
> Source File: http://morayscouts.org.uk/calendar/
> Line: 13
>
> Error: window is not a function
> Source File: javascript:window('event.php?id=4')
> Line: 1
>
> --
> /Arne
>
> Top posters will be ignored. Quote the part you
> are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
> quote signatures, thank you.

Roland

On 15-6-2005 20:01, Judy wrote:

> "Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Once upon a time *Judy* wrote:
>>
>>>"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:SJZre.324622$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>It's www.morayscouts.org.uk/calendar
>>>
>>>Thanks for this
>>>

>>Yepp, it's non standard Javascript.
>>
>>Error: redeclaration of const window
>>Source File: http://morayscouts.org.uk/calendar/
>>Line: 13
>>
>>Error: window is not a function
>>Source File: javascript:window('event.php?id=4')
>>Line: 1
>>

> Yepp, it's non standard Javascript.

[...]
> Thanks, anyone any idea as to how to make it standard as the calendar was
> actually given to us. Benefactor unknown
> Judy

Rename both functions (see below) and *all calls* to them.

Also use 'window.open(...)' instead of 'this.open(...)'.

Probably the Calendar page is generated at the serverside by some PHP
script, so you have to modify it in the PHP code.

function openWin(page) {
OpenWin = window.open(page, "CtrlWindow",
"toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,r esizable=no,width=500,height=200");
}
function openWin2(page) {
OpenWin = window.open(page, "CtrlWindow",
"toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,r esizable=no,width=500,height=300");
}
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter