Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Block unwanted flash ADs? also broken pop up blocker

Block unwanted flash ADs? also broken pop up blocker

Impmon

Is there a way to block unwanted flash AD? Some of them shows up but
the web site may use javascript to hide the flash ad's origin address
so I can't manually block it by editing host file. One example is
www.fanfiction.net as they use ads. I could probably remove the flash
player but then I wouldn't be able to play any online games
Disabling javascript would work but it's a pain to go into the option
to disable them, then re-enable them for other sites.

It would be nice if future version of Firefox has block flash feature
the same way they currently have block images.

Also some certain web sites like
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml seems to have found a way
around Firefox's pop up blocker. I'm wondering how that happened and
if any guru can figure out a way to block that sneaky pop ups.

I'm currently using Firefox 1.0.4 on XP Home with 1.5 GB RAM, 2.6GHz
P4, and more than enough hard drive space and I've used
Mozilla/Firefox almost since when Mozilla first came out.

Hendrik Maryns

Impmon uitte de volgende tekst op 14/06/2005 21:23:

http://adblock.mozdev.org/

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

default

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:23:26 -0400, Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to block unwanted flash AD? Some of them shows up but
>the web site may use javascript to hide the flash ad's origin address
>so I can't manually block it by editing host file. One example is
>www.fanfiction.net as they use ads. I could probably remove the flash
>player but then I wouldn't be able to play any online games
>Disabling javascript would work but it's a pain to go into the option
>to disable them, then re-enable them for other sites.
>
>It would be nice if future version of Firefox has block flash feature
>the same way they currently have block images.
>
>Also some certain web sites like
>http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml seems to have found a way
>around Firefox's pop up blocker. I'm wondering how that happened and
>if any guru can figure out a way to block that sneaky pop ups.
>
>I'm currently using Firefox 1.0.4 on XP Home with 1.5 GB RAM, 2.6GHz
>P4, and more than enough hard drive space and I've used
>Mozilla/Firefox almost since when Mozilla first came out.

http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

Impmon

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:48:38 -0400, default <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

Thanks, that did the trick with unwanted flash ads.