Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet user rights when using COM

aspnet user rights when using COM

Tommy Christian

Hi,
I have vb6 exe which is used trough COM interface.
Interface and exe works ok, when I use it from .NET windows program.
Then I am working as a user, which I am logged in into current computer -
domain user.

But when I use interface from web service, case is a whole different. I know
that then
I am working as an ASPNET user and it seems that process end's up in some
point in vb6 exe when
I am working this way.

I have included ASPNET user into administrators group.

Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks.

Jan Peter Stotz

Tommy Christian schrieb:

> I have vb6 exe which is used trough COM interface.
> Interface and exe works ok, when I use it from .NET windows program.
> Then I am working as a user, which I am logged in into current computer -
> domain user.
>
> But when I use interface from web service, case is a whole different. I know
> that then
> I am working as an ASPNET user and it seems that process end's up in some
> point in vb6 exe when
> I am working this way.
>
> I have included ASPNET user into administrators group.

You should better impersonate your ASP-net application with the credentials
of an user/administrator.

Jan