Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > hard disk serial number

hard disk serial number

Ahmed Essa

hiiiiiiiiiii,
i have aproblem in System.management namespace which use to get the serial
number of hard disk.
my problem is that when i run my application on windows2000 server it cause
execption message called
"invalid class", mainly the class called
"ManagementObjectSearcher" which retrieve all hard disk information.

thanks,
ahmed3essa

Nick Hertl

Do you have SP4 on your Windows 2000 machine? This class is only
supported with SP4.