Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS5 authentication on windows 2000 with Netware

IIS5 authentication on windows 2000 with Netware

=?Utf-8?B?TWlybw==?=

Hi!

How does the authentication work in IIS? I've managed to setup an aspx-page
reading an ACCESS-database on Novell. But it will only work if I start the
page from the webbserver. I'm not using localhost, but:

http://[servername]/Folder/myPage.aspx

If I use this exact link from another computer in the intranet (on an
account with full rights on the serer) it says it can't read the database.
This is how I setup the server:

web.config -> <identity impersonate="true"/>
IIS -> Anonymous access with an account created for this purpose (not IUSR).
This account has full rights on all neccesary folders including all the
temp-folders.
Windows authentication (I've even tried basic authentication).

What is the difference? Why can't the user authenticate in IIS?

/Miro