Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > sending message from web to IP Address

sending message from web to IP Address

=?Utf-8?B?S2VubnkgTS4=?=

Hi

I have like 10 clients running around the city conected via internet to a
SQL DB, when I start the win application I sent the IPaddress of each machine
and store then into the DB.
I have a Web app like a main console where I see information regarding to
each app. I want to send a message to my win applications from the Web app.

my questions are:

If I now the IPAddress of a PC running a windows client, Can I send a
message from my Web Application to that client?

How should I start?

--
Kenny M.

Bruce Barker

your web app cannot talk to the winapp (unless the win app polls the site).
use sql notification services.

note: if the sqlconnection is not held open, you can not count on the
ipaddress.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Kenny M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have like 10 clients running around the city conected via internet to a
> SQL DB, when I start the win application I sent the IPaddress of each
> machine
> and store then into the DB.
> I have a Web app like a main console where I see information regarding to
> each app. I want to send a message to my win applications from the Web
> app.
>
> my questions are:
>
> If I now the IPAddress of a PC running a windows client, Can I send a
> message from my Web Application to that client?
>
> How should I start?
>
> --
> Kenny M.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VubnkgTS4=?=

Ok thks, sql notification services is soported by SQL 2000?

--
Kenny M.

"Bruce Barker" wrote:

> your web app cannot talk to the winapp (unless the win app polls the site).
> use sql notification services.
>
> note: if the sqlconnection is not held open, you can not count on the
> ipaddress.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "Kenny M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have like 10 clients running around the city conected via internet to a
> > SQL DB, when I start the win application I sent the IPaddress of each
> > machine
> > and store then into the DB.
> > I have a Web app like a main console where I see information regarding to
> > each app. I want to send a message to my win applications from the Web
> > app.
> >
> > my questions are:
> >
> > If I now the IPAddress of a PC running a windows client, Can I send a
> > message from my Web Application to that client?
> >
> > How should I start?
> >
> > --
> > Kenny M.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VubnkgTS4=?=

wow but holding the sqlconnection open does not sound good to me...because it
should be open all day as my app is running.

--
Kenny M.