Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Web.Mail - new questions..

System.Web.Mail - new questions..

VJ

Can I use System.Web.Mail functions and send mail through any SMTP server
that has authentication or does the Server has to be Microsoft Exchange
based server ??

Can a email server be prevented from being a relay server?? (Not sure if
this is answered in here... but any help is appreciated)

Vijay

Juan T. Llibre

Authentication :
http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspx

Re relay server : set it so it only accepts mail from 127.0.0.1

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"VJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I use System.Web.Mail functions and send mail through any SMTP server that has
> authentication or does the Server has to be Microsoft Exchange based server ??
>
> Can a email server be prevented from being a relay server?? (Not sure if this is
> answered in here... but any help is appreciated)
>
> Vijay

VJ

Ok Thanks for the reply, I got the relay part..

But I was not looking for authentication methods. I was asking can I send
mail using ASP.NET Webamil to any mail server or does the mail server has to
be Microsoft Exchange Mail Server.

Vijay

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Authentication :
> http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspx
>
> Re relay server : set it so it only accepts mail from 127.0.0.1
>

> Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
> ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
> Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "VJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can I use System.Web.Mail functions and send mail through any SMTP server
>> that has authentication or does the Server has to be Microsoft Exchange
>> based server ??
>>
>> Can a email server be prevented from being a relay server?? (Not sure if
>> this is answered in here... but any help is appreciated)
>>
>> Vijay

Juan T. Llibre

Yes, you can send mail to any mail server.