Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Placing a submit button after the datalist

Placing a submit button after the datalist

jagdishl@gmail.com

hi:
I need to place a submit button immediately after the datalist which
may at times be very long.I had posted this problem before and I was
asked to change the layout from "Grid" to "Flow" layout and I still
have the same problem.Also I am not able to place a "placeholder" at
the bottom of my page.Could someone please elaborate a little more on
how I can do this maybe through sample codes.
Thank you.

Jagdish.l

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Hi Jagdish,

They did ask you to use the flow layout, but you should also be using tables
for positioning your elements. (Note: Supports of the <DIV> element,
please refrain from crying out for my blood.)

Place your datalist in one cell of the table, and place your button in a
cell in the next row of the table. This way, the datalist can expand in
size, and the button will show up at the end, without having to use any
absolute positioning as is probably the case right now.

Elaborate on what you mean by "I am not able to place a "placeholder" at the
bottom of my page.

-Altaf
www.mendhak.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi:
> I need to place a submit button immediately after the datalist which
> may at times be very long.I had posted this problem before and I was
> asked to change the layout from "Grid" to "Flow" layout and I still
> have the same problem.Also I am not able to place a "placeholder" at
> the bottom of my page.Could someone please elaborate a little more on
> how I can do this maybe through sample codes.
> Thank you.
>
> Jagdish.l

jagdish Lakshminarayanan

Hi:
Thanks for the reply.With regard to the placeholder what happens is
that upon placing the placeholder at the bottom of the page.It goes back
to the top of the form.I am not able to position it at the bottom of the
form.So hope this elaboration is clear..please excuse me as i am new to
dot net
Thanks
Jagdish.l