Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying and selecting a group of rows

Displaying and selecting a group of rows

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBLZWxseQ==?=

Hi.

I have a data table where rows are grouped according to a certain criteria
and I want to be able to display all the rows that belong to the same group
together on the screen. In addition, I want to provide the user with a way of
selecting a single group. A radio button is the obvious choice, but other
suggestions will be welcome.

For example, the following is what I want to build:

item a
radio button item b
item c
------------------------------
item k
radio button item l
------------------------------
item x
radio button item y
item z
item w
------------------------------

How do I do it? Repeater, GridView, other?

Eliyahu Goldin

Repeater should be fine. Bind it to the sorted table of items. Make an item
template with a radio button. In PreRender event loop through the repeater
items and detect the first item for every group. For this item make the
radio button visible, for all other items hide it.

Eliyahu

"Mike Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I have a data table where rows are grouped according to a certain criteria
> and I want to be able to display all the rows that belong to the same

group
> together on the screen. In addition, I want to provide the user with a way

of
> selecting a single group. A radio button is the obvious choice, but other
> suggestions will be welcome.
>
> For example, the following is what I want to build:
>
> item a
> radio button item b
> item c
> ------------------------------
> item k
> radio button item l
> ------------------------------
> item x
> radio button item y
> item z
> item w
>

> How do I do it? Repeater, GridView, other?

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

One possible implementation is using a datalist and radio buttons as I did
in this sample http://www.societopia.net/Samples/Da...Hierarchy.aspx
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams