Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla in kiosk mode

Mozilla in kiosk mode

Robert Nilsson

Hi there

I've modified my browser.xul pretty much and I've got it just as I want
it now, but thre is still one thing that I really don't know how to do.
I'm not even sure that this is something that can be done from withing
Firefox.

I'm using this kiosk-version of firefox on our production PC's at work.
The client are using vnc from a windows machine into a Redhat server
with firefox installed. I don't want them to run anything else than
firefox, so I don't start a desktop for each session. Instead I just
start firefox in the ~/.vnc/xstartup file. This however do NOT maximize
the firefox in the vnc window and I have no idea of how to do that.

Can anyone tell me how to do it or where to look? Is it possible to set
the size on the window from browser.xul?

Regards
Robert Nilsson
Mo i Rana, Norway

Robert Nilsson

Hello again

Now I've realized that if I press F11 Firefox maximizes in my vnc
window, so this is exactly what I want. But is it possible that Firefox
"press F11" by itself on startup?

// Robert