Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > PEAP Authentication trouble

PEAP Authentication trouble

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=

I work in a hospital with a wireless network. It is a non-broadcasted SSID
that uses PEAP authentication. We have a mandatory policy for passwords that
require them to be changed every 60 days.

We use Microsoft for PEAP authentication on our XP machines. Whenever
someone changes their domain password, I have to completely blow out the
wireless connection on their machine and recreate it or it won't keep signal
for more than one second, since it caches the login the first time you type
it in. We've done a bit of snooping around and Microsoft claims there is a
registry key you can reset to force it to ask for the user/pass again, but it
doesn't seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas on how to flush out that cached password without me
having to recreate the connection?

How to uninstall Cisco PEAP supplicant to use XP default PEAP =?Utf-8?B?RGVsb24=?= Wireless Networking 0 05-25-2007 05:50 AM
PEAP trouble Roel B Cisco 5 05-05-2006 06:42 PM
PEAP Configuration Woes - PEAP configuration help jester Cisco 1 12-20-2005 02:04 PM
Don't cache PEAP authentication information on Win XP SP2 =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNY0FsaXN0ZXI=?= Wireless Networking 5 11-04-2005 03:29 PM
How to implement PEAP-EAP-TLD authentication? Edward W. Ray Wireless Networking 4 05-26-2005 10:14 PM

Advertisments