Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Beta2 --> Shipping bits --> Login Control Blows Up

Beta2 --> Shipping bits --> Login Control Blows Up

clintonG

Anybody experience any problems with logging in to a website on a local
instance of IIS when the site was created with Beta 2 and loaded into the
shipping instance of VS2005? I've read through some of the earlier documents
discussing changes but I don't recall any mention of login controls or
haven't gotten to any that discuss why login controls would break all of a
sudden. Actuallhy it seems to be the Membership system that has blwon up
doesn't it?

The error message is "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or
function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments
specified"

I'm using SQL2000 for the database and noted the Website Administrator will
no longer create a new user either. While I dig in perhaps others who have
discovered this type of issue a few days ahead of me can respond?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Clinton.

The Membership system was modified after Beta 2.

You'll probably need to recompile the app in RTM/Release
and create a new Membership database with aspnet_regsql.exe.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
======================================
"clintonG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody experience any problems with logging in to a website on a local instance of IIS
> when the site was created with Beta 2 and loaded into the shipping instance of VS2005?
> I've read through some of the earlier documents discussing changes but I don't recall
> any mention of login controls or haven't gotten to any that discuss why login controls
> would break all of a sudden. Actuallhy it seems to be the Membership system that has
> blwon up doesn't it?
>
> The error message is "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function
> aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified"
>
> I'm using SQL2000 for the database and noted the Website Administrator will no longer
> create a new user either. While I dig in perhaps others who have discovered this type of
> issue a few days ahead of me can respond?
>
> <%= Clinton Gallagher

clintonG

Thanks for the tip Juan.

<%= Clinton