Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Application_Start not firing

Application_Start not firing

=?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=

I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally everythign
works great, but when I put the app up on the remote server, the
Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a problem because
there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on this
same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net
1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

Brock Allen

Is the directory where you're uploading the files configured as its own application
in IIS?

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally
> everythign works great, but when I put the app up on the remote
> server, the Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a
> problem because there are variables there that need to be set. I have
> other web apps on this same machine that work great. The remote
> mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net 1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running
> Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

George

You need to configure the folder as an Application in IIS Management console.
If you do not have access to it then your Host should provide a way to do so in Control Panel or over the phone

George

"Hesstech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally everythign
works great, but when I put the app up on the remote server, the
Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a problem because
there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on this
same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net
1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

That's not possible. If you can access your web application, it necessarily
implies that the application event fired.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

"Hesstech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally everythign
> works great, but when I put the app up on the remote server, the
> Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a problem because
> there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on

this
> same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3

asp.net
> 1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=

Figured it out, I forgot to copy over the global.asax file to the remote
server, that is why none of the code in the application_start event was
running.