Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Put javascript enable/disable checkbox on firefox toolbar?

Put javascript enable/disable checkbox on firefox toolbar?

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

I'm using Firefox 1.0 on FreeBSD. I like to run with Javascript
off when possible, but thare are many pages that must have it enabled
to work.

I have a slow machine, and it is very painful to bring up the
Edit->Preferences->Web Features box each time I want to turn Javascript
on or off.

Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
visible part of firefox?

Ted

Rom

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:01:52 GMT, Ted Nolan <tednolan> rambled:

> I'm using Firefox 1.0 on FreeBSD. I like to run with Javascript
> off when possible, but thare are many pages that must have it enabled
> to work.
>
> I have a slow machine, and it is very painful to bring up the
> Edit->Preferences->Web Features box each time I want to turn Javascript
> on or off.
>
> Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
> visible part of firefox?

Have a look at these two extensions:

Pref Buttons 0.3.3:
<http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=86>

Pref Buttons is used the same as adding other buttons to toolbar(s),
and has a good selection of pref checks and buttons.

PrefBar 3.1.0: <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/>

PrefBar would be more customisable, in that you're able to add your
own prefs and buttons. For example, besides the usual pref checks and
buttons for JavaScript and others that are default available items,
I've added buttons for the Options, Manage Bookmarks, etc.

--
Rom

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) l.net>,
Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
>> visible part of firefox?

>Have a look at these two extensions:

>PrefBar 3.1.0: <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/>
>
>PrefBar would be more customisable, in that you're able to add your
>own prefs and buttons. For example, besides the usual pref checks and
>buttons for JavaScript and others that are default available items,
>I've added buttons for the Options, Manage Bookmarks, etc.
>
>--
>Rom

Thanks!

Prefbar works.