Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Browser Differences

Browser Differences

Yama

Hi,

Can someone explain to me the differences between major browsers? (<IE4,
<NN4, Firefox, Opera, Gecko, Konqueror, Mozilla)?

For instance in IE <div> is legal but in NN4 <layer>. How about some other
differences in HTML, javascript, and stylesheet?

Thanks,

Yama

Kevin Spencer

You've opened up a real can of worms here. There is not enough time or space
here to enumerate them all. However, here are some links that should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_browsers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Complex things are made up of
Lots of simple things.

"Yama" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain to me the differences between major browsers? (<IE4,
> <NN4, Firefox, Opera, Gecko, Konqueror, Mozilla)?
>
> For instance in IE <div> is legal but in NN4 <layer>. How about some other
> differences in HTML, javascript, and stylesheet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yama

DEVELOP THE WINNING EDGE, SMALL DIFFERENCES IN YOUR PERFORMANCE CANLEAD TO LARGE DIFFERENCES IN YOUR RESULTS Home_Job_opportunity C Programming 0 01-14-2009 03:51 PM
DEVELOP THE WINNING EDGE, SMALL DIFFERENCES IN YOUR PERFORMANCE CANLEAD TO LARGE DIFFERENCES IN YOUR RESULTS Home_Job_opportunity C Programming 0 01-08-2009 04:31 PM
Browser Differences SStory ASP .Net 7 03-29-2006 01:23 PM
Browser differences Chris Leonard HTML 4 09-26-2003 09:07 PM
Differences between running in VS and calling an ASP.Net page froma browser Peter Bradley ASP .Net 2 07-16-2003 05:59 PM

Advertisments