Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla has the same problem

Mozilla has the same problem

Jive Dadson

I downloaded Mozilla 1.7.8. It has the same problem (on my machine)
that Firefox 1.0.4 does. Javascripts in URL's don't work. I have
checked everything obvious. This is a real bummer.

I'll bet that someone who is familiar with the Mozilla source code
could read these symptoms and "ah ha" the root cause.

To summarize the stuff in this thread, which is becoming rather
lengthy, on my machine Mozilla/Firefox fails to properly load web
pages that employ Javascript. The Javascript console shows that the
scripts appear to be truncated. Others on the web report that those
same pages load perfectly for them using Firefox. They load
perfectly for me under MS Internet Explorer. Something about my
machine causes both Firefox and Mozilla to see only the initial
section of Javascripts that it tries to load. I first discovered
this when I tried to open www.ebay.com, and it failed.

Jive Dadson

Oops. I meant to post this in the thread "Firefox / javascript".

news:h91oe.223600$(E-Mail Removed) ...