Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Destroying objects in Page_Unload event

Destroying objects in Page_Unload event

=?Utf-8?B?dnZlbms=?=

Hello:

I was trying to destroy objects in the Page_Unload event.

That's when I see that the Page_Unload event gets triggered when I load a
page, right after it completes page_load event! Why?

Venki

Peter Rilling

When do you expect it to be invoked? The pages goes through its entire life
cycle (Init, Load, PreRender, Unload) for each page request. Unload happens
right after the server sends the content to the browser and so the server no
longer needs to maintain the objects. Remember, page requests are
stateless.

"vvenk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> I was trying to destroy objects in the Page_Unload event.
>
> That's when I see that the Page_Unload event gets triggered when I load a
> page, right after it completes page_load event! Why?
>
> Venki

Bob Barrows [MVP]

vvenk wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I was trying to destroy objects in the Page_Unload event.
>
> That's when I see that the Page_Unload event gets triggered when I
> load a page, right after it completes page_load event! Why?
>
> Venki

Any of the articles in this search will likely answer your question:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...age+life+cycle

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Kevin Spencer

Reposting is not a good idea. See my answer to your other post. If you can
find it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Complex things are made up of
Lots of simple things.

Page_UnLoad Event Waldy ASP .Net 1 04-16-2009 12:35 PM
Where is Page_Unload event? =?Utf-8?B?Um9sYW5kcGlzaA==?= ASP .Net 5 06-03-2007 02:32 AM
Page_Unload event dana lees ASP .Net 1 11-28-2005 11:43 PM
Page_Unload event firing twice. Larry Morris ASP .Net 4 12-30-2004 09:22 PM
Page_Unload event fires to early Heidi Hundåla ASP .Net 15 11-10-2003 09:22 AM

Advertisments